Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Best Seat in the House

This really should have been posted last week but I couldn't seem to find the time.  I tried my best to get it done yesterday, but the afternoon took a downward spiral and by the time everyone was asleep, I was too tired to concentrate on anything but my head hitting the pillow.  So, this morning, I am going to share with you something that made me smile and still makes me smile.

Last Monday evening, Nathan invited me to be in a concert that he was having in the living room that evening.  Well, I was honored to be asked, of course!  His only request was that I had to write my own song.  He was writing his and I had to write mine too.  It had to be 30 words.  No pressure.  Luke was exempt because "Mom, you know he can't write so he can just do whatever" so says Nate.  Made sense.  If you check out the clips, you will see.  Luke did whatever.

The evening came and it was concert time.  I have to say it was so fun to watch them funny and creative and comfortable.  I say comfortable because Nathan is often uncomfortable around a lot of people.  He is quite the talker though and he can be very entertaining.  It is always good to see him have fun.  And he put a lot of thought into his little song.  He wrote about the Holy Bible and that it was the greatest book on the earth.  It was his idea, not mine.  He is a very thoughtful little guy. He came up with it on his own and did not ask for help from me.  I thought that was pretty good for an introverted 6 year old.

Luke is a different story all together.  He is my extrovert.  During the concert, he was expressive and creative and he was talking!  I could understand him.  It was music to my ears.  There was a time when I didn't know if he would talk.  Now, I can listen to him sing his "a,b,c's" or "Old Macdonald had a Farm" over and over and never tire of hearing it because I can hear his voice and understand him.  It is music to my ears.  If I can get the clips to post on here, you will see that he sometimes steals the show.  He loves attention!

Last Monday evening, I had the best seat in the house.  It was silly and fun.  I loved watching my precious boys.  I wanted to share a few clips.  They are very short, only 20-30 seconds each. They aren't the best but you get an idea of how the concert went.  (For the record,  there was some kind of video malfunction when it was my turn to perform so no clips of me will be available.  I know you are disappointed!)  So, for your viewing pleasure..........

Luke on the fiddle singing his "a,b,c's":


Nathan playing the maracas ( egg shakers) singing his original song "Holy Bible" (With Luke crashing - or saving-  the performance):

Now, Nathan sings his song:



Luke singing (sort of) "Old Macdonald had a Farm"



Last but not least, Nathan and Luke singing a duet....unplugged:


So, that was it.  Our grand concert.  We won't be going on tour anytime soon.... or ever.  It was simple but fun. The boys had a great time. We laughed together. These are the moments I want to remember forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment